At G.I. Medicine our fees are based on the complexity of the office consultation or visit and the procedure performed. Our professional fees are comparable to other gastroenterology practices in the area.
If you have a procedure performed by one of our physicians you will also receive a charge from the facility where the procedure was done. This is the facility fee. That fee may vary depending on the facility, medical equipment used and the staff required to perform the procedure. Procedures performed at outpatient facilities, like the Eastside Endoscopy Center, are customarily at least up to 50% less than hospital charges.
At G.I. Medicine we do the initial billing for your services to your primary insurance carrier as a service to you. If you have a secondary insurance carrier we will also bill that carrier. It is your responsibility to know if your insurance has specific rules or regulations for referrals, authorization or pre-certification requirements. Our experienced billing staff and referral specialist will assist you with this.
- We will bill your insurance company for covered services.
- We will bill you for deductibles and services not covered.
- ATTENTION PATIENTS! Effective May 5, 2014, GI Medicine Associates will begin collecting all copays due and previous balances owed on account prior to your appointment with the physician or nurse practitioner. If you are unable to pay at the time of your visit, we will gladly reschedule your appointment.
- We accept cash, check, Mastercard, Visa and Discover.
- We anticipate that any payments will be made as soon as possible.